I really am not sure how I should go about reviewing this movie. There is so much about it I loved I don't know if I have the patience to actually write them all down in an amusing and educational manner (to be honest none of my posts do that). Well since I just got hit with a magical bout of drive and gumption here goes (in bullet form).
- I heart Joss Whedon. I am not the type of Whedonite that proclaims he is a minor deity, or that everything he touches turns into gold or gains the ability to fly (although I would totally see that movie: Coming to a theater near you in the summer of 2014 Peter Midas). I am the type of fan however that believes he has come up with some great shows and that he deserved a shot with a large budget mainstream movie.
- I have enjoyed all of the movies involving the Avengers characters leading up to this. What about the Ang Lee Hulk movie you ask. Well don't ask because to me it never happened. For all that is holy don't talk about it. I would like to be able to sleep at night without crying first.
|What did I ever do to wrong you?|
- Joss Whedon is a perfect choice for ensemble casts. Yes I did in fact just put in another bullet point for Joss Whedon. Deal with it. Go watch Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog and get back to me.
- I am a fan of most of the cast. I have loved Chris Evans since he was in the movie The Losers. He made me so happy in that film. Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor and I also loved him in Cabin in the Woods (produced by Joss Whedon. Bam!). He also happens to have the arms I dream of having. Robert Downey Jr has been involved in two great film franchises in recent years so how could I not love him (Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes). Tom Hiddleston is a fine actor and can portray an excellent villain. The rest of the cast is also good but this bullet point is getting really long.
- It paid homage to the myriad of comic books that have been written about these characters in very subtle ways. For example the way Thor had no sleeves at the beginning is consistent with the way he was shown in the early comics. It also has him with no cape on the Helicarrier which pays tribute to his appearance in the Ultimate Comics.
- Each character in the film was given a chance to develop and a chance to deliver some great one liners.
- I also love the fact that there will be three of these movies. As Ricky put it this trilogy could possibly be the Star Wars of our generation. Not in future impact on the film industry but more in popularity and scope.
|Have I already mentioned his arms?|
In the end all I can say is I loved this movie and I am super excited that there are 30 minutes of film that had been cut that will be on the DVD. If you haven't seen this movie you really should.
Rating 5 stars