Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Dukes See a Movie: Make that 13 Movies



It has been a while since my fingers last graced these keys in an effort to bring you, the readers, my opinion as to why a movie was worth seeing or why I attempted to gouge out my own eyes. I really don't even have an excuse. "Were these past few months rather busy?" No, no they were not. "Did you break all the fingers on one hand in a bar fight?" Once again no, all my fingers have been fully functional. "Did something happen to your eyesight? Computer? Memory? " No on all accounts. The only explanation I have is that we were living up to our title as the Intrepid Dukes of Laziness.

So by way of apology I am going to quickly review all 13 movies that we have missed.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Full of ridiculous lapses in science but the sweet action scenes made it okay for me in the end.
Rating 3 stars

Super 8
Kids +Aliens+Spielberg=Good movie
Rating 4 stars

Bad Teacher (Zac Only)
I made a terrible choice in seeing this movie. It was like they tried to cross Office Space and Bad Santa but they failed miserably.
Rating 1.5 stars

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
All I can say is ta-da...ta-da... ta-da forever. ( 3 people at most will understand this.)
Rating 5 stars

Captain America: The First Avenger
If only I could be so ripped and fight Nazis.
Rating 4 stars

Cowboys and Aliens
Indiana Jones(the old crotchety version)+James Bond+Olivia Wilde(Ricky is obsessed)=good stuff
Rating 4 stars

Horrible Bosses
The cast in this movie was excellent. The bosses did such a great job at being the worst.
Rating 4 stars

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Andy Serkis(Gollum) makes one heck of an ape.
Rating 4 stars

Winnie the Pooh (Zac only)
What can I say I love my nieces.
Rating 3.5 stars

30 Minutes or Less
Some parts were really funny and others were super awkward.
Rating 2.5

Conan the Barbarian ( Zac and Ricky only. It was kind of a man date.)
Jason Momoa is one hardcore man and who doesn't love having a theater all to themselves.
Rating 3 stars

Contagion
STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE AND BUILD A DANG BUNKER!!
Rating 3.5 stars

Attack the Block
Basically imagine Shaun of the Dead with wolfy-bear aliens and a bunch of hoodlum teenagers.
Rating 3.5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Harry Potter 7.2 could've used a few extra shots of Hermione, if you know what I mean, but otherwise, a great movie.

    ReplyDelete